The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems software and related applications. The SA participates in technical research and development to enable continuing improvements within the infrastructure.
The SA will assist project teams with technical issues in the initiation and planning phases. These activities include technical analysis and design, testing and rolling-out the solutions.
- Linux system(s) for the QUID production environment
- Linux system for the Quid development environment
- Linux system for the poligraf.news portal and Quid portals
Responsibilities on these systems include SA engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation. The above mentioned systems consist of the following software elements:
- Linux operations system based on Ubuntu distribution (version 14.04 and up)
- Apache Web Server (version 2.4 and up)
- MySQL Database (version 5.5 and up)
In addition for
- QUID production/development environment: Glassfish (version 4.0 and up) and Wildfly (version 10.1 and up)
- poligraf.news and Quid portals: Joomla (version 3.6.5 and up)
SA Engineering and Provisioning
- Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with project/operational requirements.
- Install and configure systems Quid and Portal infrastructure applications.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
Operations and Support
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide support per request from various parties. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted providers and users.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports Quid applications or portal (poligraf.news/Quid) applications per project or operational needs.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Bachelor degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
- Two to four years system administration experience.
- Sound knowledge of English (verbal/writing) and one of the languages in Bosnia-Hercegovina and Serbia
- Basic knowledge of German is a plus.
- Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues.
- Provides occasional guidance, some of which is technical.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
- No regular travel required.
- Location: Bosnia-Hercegovina or Serbia